AUT1010 Module 2, basic engine mechanics.
Course Objective: Learner will be able to identify primary components and their functions.
- Define and Discuss basic engine functions and theories with their peers.
- Review engine mechanics through text and rich media presentations within the module.
- Analyze basic engine functions and theories by identifying key components in a simulated environment with 80% accuracy or greater.
Chevelle SS, Tampa Bay Auto Show 2016, 300DayZ Photography
Module 2 is designed to get you up to speed and prepared for the rest of this course. Begin this module by:
- Reviewing the different types of vehicles.
- Then, review the basic and most common engine types.
- Finally, read about how engines work.
- Then, watch a video explaining the very basics of engine functions.
- After you have been exposed to the content and theories above, progress to the Module 2 simulation, where you will identify 20 components and theories of automotive technology.
- Lastly, you will review the discussion rubric, post your original discussion by Friday, 02/23/2018, and reply to at least two of your peers by Sunday, 02/25/2018.
- You can also explore additional resources on the topics covered in this module (optional).